The Ascension Christian Early Learning Center Curriculum
Frog Street Pre-K is a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that integrates instruction across developmental domains and early learning disciplines. Engaging and easy to use for both teachers and children! We also use the Experience God curriculum to support our students with prayer and Bible study.
Frog Street for toddlers is designed around the latest scientific early brain development research, this year-round program focuses on enhancing the simple joy of childhood while equipping caregivers to nurture curiosity through exploration. Frog Street Toddler includes 52 weeks of activity choices specifically created for children ages 18-36 months. Frog Street Toddler offers:
• Activity choices organized around five developmental domains
• Differentiated instruction options to meet the needs of all learners
• Easy infusion into daily routines, such as diaper changing, transitions and outdoor play
• Designed with intention and purpose to move children forward in their development
The cognitive, physical and social skills of most rapidly developing three-year-olds are significantly different from other ages, according to early childhood brain research. Despite these differences, three-year-olds have been combined with either younger or older children in traditional classrooms, due to the lack of developmentally appropriate instruction. Recognizing this gap, Frog Street has announced the launch of the first-ever comprehensive curriculum for three-year-olds!
Frog Street Threes provides intentional instruction in key areas of development so children ages 36-48 months can effectively continue on the path to kindergarten readiness. Key components include:
• Easy-to-use activities developed around early brain development research
• Well-rounded scope of activities that address all developmental domains
• Intentional instruction that optimizes key windows of opportunity for growth and development
• Social and emotional emphasis
For more information about the ELC curriculum, contact the school at 225-644-3110.